Magpul MBUS Back-Up Sight - Front
The Magpul MBUS Back-Up Sight - Front is a low-cost, color injection molded, folding front sight with adjustable elevation. The Magpul MBUS Back-Up Sight - Front fits most 1913 Picatinny-railed hand guards, but is specifically tailored to the AR15/M16 platform. The Magpul MBUS Back-Up Sight - Front is available in 5 colors: Black, Flat Dark Earth (FDE), OD Green, and Stealth Gray (Foliage has been discontinued and will be available only for a limited time) Made in U.S.A.
Features of the Magpul MBUS Back-Up Sight - Front:
- Impact resistant polymer construction provides light weight and resists operational abuse
- Spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top
- Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
- Clamps to most any MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 railed hand guard and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons
- Protective wings shield the spring-locking A2 front sight post
- Elevation adjustment tool included, but most aftermarket A2 front sight adjustment tools may be used as well
Specifications of the Magpul MBUS Back-Up Sight - Front
- Weight, w/ hardware: 1.2 oz.
- Height above rail, stowed: ~0.51 in.
- Length, stowed: 2.6 in.
- Length, deployed: 1.5 in.
NOTE: Cannot be mounted to a railed gas block due to excess heat issues. Front MBUS must be mounted to a railed fore end on the same plane as the receiver rail. Because of this the sight is also not compatible with MOE Hand Guards.